Join My Hoardes of Followers!!!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Funny Side of Evil

Can evil be funny? For over 13 years now, Comedy Central has answered that questionwith an emphatic yes every Wednesday night. Now working it's way through its fourteenth season, I do believe that only Simpsons has run longer of all the shows currently on television, and is behind that same show for the longest running cartoon series ever. This show makes everyone mad, and that is what I love so much about it, it never pulls punches. I am, at the core of my nature, and pretty cruel person. I love to see jokes run their course, I hate it when something is ended abruptely because someone didn't want to got to far. South Park never does and that is what makes it so much better than shows like Family Guy and American Dad. While those shows are funny, they let up at some point, additionally, South Park uses satire expertly. For my money, South Park is the smartest comedy on television, often poking fun while making political stands and actually attempting to use the absurd situations to teach life lessons. Family Guy just has Brian look at the screeen and tell you that Bush sucks and declares you a nazi if you vote for McCain. Very clever. South Park goes after everybody EQUALLY, not just politicians they dislike, and that makes it so great. 9/11, abortion, religion, racism, celebrities, media bias, global warming, and suicide. South Park goes after them all and for those of you who hate this morally depraved show, you might be surprised to discover that almost every episode ends by teaching a morally/politically conservative viewpoint and then mocking the world for looking at any other way. If you can handle the language, you'll probably like where it goes.




I tried to make this list a top 10, decided that I would have to leave too many great episodes out, then made it a top 20. I still wasn't staisfied, so I went to 25. When I was still unhappy I decided that I just needed to accpet that there were simply more great episodes than I could fit on my list.




Runner-ups: My Future Self N' Me, Red Sleigh Down, Heaven vs. Hell, Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow, ManBearPig, Hell on Earth. The Losing Edge, Taco Flavored Kisses, and Pirates of Somilia.




25. Free Willzyx
24. Scott Tenorman Must Die

23. Pandemic/The Startling

22. Red Mans Greed

21. South Park is Gay

20. Cartman's Incredible Gift
19. AWESOM-O
18. Spooky Fish
17. The Coon

16. The Return of Chef
15. Make Love, Not Warcraft
14. Child Abduction is not Funny


13. You Got F'd in the A

12. 200-201
11. Marjorine

10. The Return of the Felowship of the Ring to the Two Towers

9. Medicinal Fried Chicken
8. Night of the Living Homeless
7. Asspen
6. Imaginationland
5. Casa Bonita
4. Fishsticks
3. Ladder to Heaven
2. All About Mormons
1. Woodland Critter Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment