Join My Hoardes of Followers!!!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up & Madness

For the football haters, scroll to the end for the Marvel matchups, but lets start this off by talking about the college football kickoff this past weekend.


Brand New Season, Same Old Douche
Once I finished watching the Boise State-Georgia game, one question starting burning in my mind: what will Mark May say afterwards to devalue the win for the Broncos? To my great surprise, the highlights and discussion came and went without so much as a degrading quip from the usually irreverant May. It turns out, he would get his shot in later. With less than two minutes remaining in College Gameday Final, both May and Holtz unveiled their top five, and despite starting the week in the top five, winning the second biggest game of the week, and having a team above them lose, May managed to drop BSU out of his top five. It appears May has been proven wrong enough times now that he now is taking a more coy approach to his partisanism.


If My Program Underperforms, May God Strike Me Down

Well, it wasn't quite that bad, actually based on what I saw, the lightning was pretty mild and the rain was crazy. The weather took it's toll on several games this weekend, causing lightning delays in Ann Arbor, South Bend, Iowa City, and Morgantown. Four game faced several delays, and Michigan's game was eventually called. Notre Dame/South Florida took six hours to play, and the West Virginia/Marshall game was almost as long. I understand concerns about safety, espicially at Notre Dame which already had weather-related controversy this offseason, but all I saw was a bunch of rain. Granted, it was a lot of freakin' rain, but are we really calling games for rain now? I think the players in the fog bowl, ice bowl, and other games legendary for the weather they played in, had to hang their heads in shame watching everyone run out of the stadium because of water.


How Did Brian Kelly Get This Shade Without Pulling a D'Antonio



This weekends Notre Dame game was highlighted by a lot of weather delays but if managed to catch some football between the weather delays you would've seen the Irish throw a game away with some of the sloppiest football to ever be played in South Bend. The Irish lost despite having almost double the yards of the Bulls but constantly stalled and turned the ball over in the red zone, including a blocked field goal that went for a score the other way. To me the real highlight was Notre Dame head coach blowing up like a madman and turning a shade of pink that is dangerous to se on a human being. Kelly spent a full comercial break chewing out a wide reciever for not being reay for a pass and I'm shocked he made it through the rant without a heart attack. Someone get this man some Midol.



If This Conference Were Any Deader It Would Be Michael Jackson


Reports have been circling for weeks about Texas A&M's desires to leave the Big 12. This week they officially announced they will be gone next year if they can find a conference to take them. Oklahoma then made a statement that they will be exploring their options, because they are wanting more stability and security in their conference. Within 24 hours, news broke that talks of a PAC-12 involving Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State, and Oklahoma. If Texas A&M leaves, it seems likely to happen, and the Big 12 will be a little 5 with Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Iowa State, and Baylor.


I Lose My Locks on a Bad Bet


And by locks, I mean my beard. My wife has been begging me to trim my beard as it is starting to get a little unruly, I really don't want to, but she's my wife so I made her a good offer. I bet her that Boise would win the game by 30+ points or I would trim it up, a bad bet I know, especially since I predicted a 12 point victory. Halfway through the third quarter, with a twenty-one point lead and possession of the football, it looked feasible, but alas twas not meant to be. The silver lining: I was only two points off on my pick for the game, so I look really smart for picking purposes at least.


The top 25 will have to wait for Wednesday, since Miami-Maryland is still happening, and the winner seems likely to grab a spot in it.


44. Xorn


vs.


12. Sandman


28. Shuma-Gorath


vs.


5. Apocalypse


20. Wizard


vs.


13. Enchantress


29. Dr. Bong


vs.


4. Kang the Conqueror

2 comments: